Our Privacy Promise
You can always trust Loxit. Your personal information is just that – personal, so we always treat it with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, and rest assured, we never pass on, sell or swap your information with any other company for their own marketing purposes.
For over 22 years, we have been committed to looking after your data and we will always put you first.
What information do we hold about you?
When you place orders with us, register for an online account, ask us to keep in touch with you using your email address or choose to receive our catalogues, we collect information about you. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete Loxit customer surveys, provide us with feedback, provide us with your details at shows and exhibitions. If you browse our Loxit website, we may collect information about your website visits using ‘cookies’ – see below to view our full Cookies policy.
How do we use your information?
Your information allows us to fulfil any orders you place with us, update you on the progress of your orders and assist with any future customer service queries including warranty issues and lost/broken keys.
We would also love to keep you up to date with our favourite products and exciting new product ranges we think will be of interest. We do this by contacting you by your email address to send you our email newsletters, communications via social media and any similar internet-based communications as they become available.
If you already receive our marketing communications, we’ll continue to send you these unless we think you are no longer interested in hearing from us or you ask us to stop. We always make it easy to ask us to stop sending e-mails if you find they are no longer of interest.
We send out newsletters infrequently when we have something relevant and important to say. So we hope you enjoy hearing from us just as much as we enjoy putting our updates together, and we promise never to bombard you with too many communications.
We may use your information, including details of your Loxit purchases, how you choose to interact with us, your recent Loxit website browser history and geographic information, to help us decide what we talk to you about and when.
Ultimately, we want to make sure that our marketing communications to you are always interesting and this information will really help us achieve just that.
There are some communications that you’d always expect to receive from us whatever your marketing preferences – for example order confirmations by email if you placed an order, or important order or customer service updates.
We employ the services of other companies to support our business for specific functions, for example: despatching orders (using nominated carriers); processing payments (using nominated payment providers); despatching Loxit marketing communications (using digital communications service providers).
If you order products from us, we’ll securely transfer your details onto the carriers so that they can fulfil your orders.
To deliver our products and services to you, we may need to transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if you are requesting delivery overseas or our service provider is based outside the EEA.
All third party service providers we work with are carefully vetted and trusted by us, and your data is protected by Loxit’s stringent security and confidentiality measures as well as applicable data protection laws. We only provide our service providers with the data that they require in order to perform the services that we have employed them to do – they will never use your data for any other purposes.
Unless otherwise stated, our processing of your personal data, as summarised in this notice, is in pursuit of our legitimate business interests as a trusted retailer, committed to providing you with the very best shopping experience.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold your data is 6 years. Some products we sell come with a warranty, so we like to hold on to the detail of your orders long enough so we can easily help with any queries you may have. Where we have sold products with high security locks, we may retain the key information indefinitely so that we are able to help you access your secured goods in the event of a broken or lost key.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive our postal or e-mail based marketing communications, you can choose to opt out at any time, and without any fuss or delay – simply give our Cheshire based Customer Services team a call on 01625 856 801, chat with us online, email or write to us. Alternatively, you can update the settings in your online account if you have set one up or click on the unsubscribe link that appears in every one of our email newsletters. Please note that you may continue to receive our communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK – please see below for more information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us using the link below. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
How to contact us
Our Data Protection Officer is always happy to help and answer any questions you have about our Privacy Promise. Simply write to them at Loxit Limited, First Avenue, Poynton Industrial Estate, Poynton, Cheshire, SK12 1YJ, UK or alternatively click here for other ways to get in touch. If you have any reason for concern, please contact us in the first instance and we will do our utmost to resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction. Alternatively, you can report a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – click here for more details.
Last updated 16th May 2018
Loxit recognises that existing and prospective clients are concerned about the confidentiality of information that is sent to us through our web site. Our goal is to ensure that we only gather the information that we need to help us help you, for your current and future projects.
The information you submit is sent directly to Loxit, stored securely within our systems and not shared with third parties without your prior consent.
Terms of Website Use
By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms:
Loxit Limited (“Loxit”) will use reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of information on this site but excludes all liability in respect of any use or reliance on it. Loxit has no responsibility for third party web sites linked to or from this site or for information appearing on public forums.
Loxit own the copyright and all other rights in this web site.
You may download, copy and print material on this site only for your internal business use solely for the purpose of selecting, evaluating and developing your use of Loxit products. You may not distribute any material on this site to any third party without Loxit’s prior written consent.
We’ve updated our website so that you can decide which cookies we use. Our website provides the best service when all cookies are enabled – without them, important parts of the website will not work and we can’t check that our site is working properly for you. We will however always honour your preference and only read or write to cookies based on the settings you choose.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. To enhance your website experience, so we can ensure our site works fully for you, we recommend they are enabled.
What do cookies do?
- Store the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through checkout.
- Enable you to ‘log in’ to your account so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account.
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website and adverts you may be interested in on other websites.
Are our cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
The cookies we use at Loxit
The cookies we use help us to enhance your website experience, lets us check everything is working properly and enables us to give you a more personalised web experience, such as helping us to show you products and offers we believe will interest you. They are 100% safe and secure and we recommend they are switched on.
The five types of cookies we use are explained below:
1. Essential cookies
These cookies are always enabled as they make sure essential features, like the shopping basket, work as they should.
Essential cookies allow us to:
- Ensure the site works properly so it’s easy to build quotes.
- Make sure the correct items are kept in your basket.
- Select the right version of our website for your computer, whether it’s a PC, ipad, mobile phone or other device.
These cookies do not gather personal information or remember where you’ve been on the internet. If your browser is set to refuse these cookies, our site may not work correctly.
2. Loxit customer cookies allow us to:
- Remember what’s in your basket between visits.
- Make the most relevant product and category suggestions for you.
These cookies help us to tailor your visit to make your online shopping experience better.
3. Loxit analytics cookies allow us to:
- Raise the standard of our service by understanding how our customers use our site.
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website and marketing communications.
4. Third-party cookies send information to trusted websites, allowing us to:
- Show you the most relevant Loxit products, offers and adverts when you visit other sites.
5. Social cookies:
- Allow you to share our website pages with social networks such as Facebook. For example, when viewing a product on our website you may see a ‘like’ button. By clicking this, you will share the product on your Facebook page and Facebook will add a cookie to your computer.To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to update these settings again.If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.
We will no longer read or write to the cookies that you ask us not to use, however any cookies files that were created before changing your settings will still be present on your computer. You can, if you wish, remove these using your browser settings.
Our use of advertisements
You may see adverts for Loxit products when you visit other websites. We allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or networks, to serve these advertisements on our behalf. We do not provide any personal customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Copyright © 2018 Loxit Limited.
All Rights Reserved.
Poynton Industrial Estate
Registered in England No. 03162472
VAT Registration No.659 7635 76