We had the fortune of meeting some really inspiring teachers this week when we hosted Teachmeet Newport at Panasonic System Networks at Duffryn nr Newport.
What’s a TeachMeet?
It’s an informal and enjoyable gathering of those curious about and involved in teaching and learning. Anyone can share great ideas they’ve trialled in their classrooms, ask questions or simply turn up and soak up all the great ideas and enthusiasm. In particular, this Teach Meet focused on Technology in Education and participants were encouraged to share ideas, experiences and practices.
The main part of the TeachMeet is hearing stories about learning, from teachers and other education professionals. This is a chance for education professionals to hear ideas from each other, a chance to hear real narratives of practice that makes a difference. It is about being engaged and inspired by our colleagues and gaining a whole bucket load of networking to boot!
It’s a chance to learn something new, be amazed, amused and enthused.
Teachmeets are informal gatherings of those curious about teaching and learning. Anyone can share great ideas they’ve trialled in their classrooms, or on placement, ask important questions or simply sign up to take part in conversations about learning. This is not an event to present about a product or theory – this is a chance for teachers, and others working in classrooms, to share good practice. TeachMeet is about engaging and inspiring and making connections with other educators.
Presentations are either 3 or 5 minutes in length with names drawn out of a hat, these short sharp sessions are designed to focus minds and be clear and concise. They may focus on certain applications or specific approaches to subjects or practices and most importantly inspire people to use them in their own day to day lives.
Loxit Hi-Lo® Multimount All in one Mobile lift – “Helping bring your vision to life”
Image experience is critical when it comes to video walls, whether it’s a Command and Control room’s mission critical video wall or for use in security, broadcast, traﬃc and transportation, utilities, emergency operations centres or corporate environments. Designed to meet the rigorous demands of environments like the military, public utilities and security agencies and manufactured as modular components. Each of the major pieces of the video wall mount is a sub assembly that can be quickly and easily removed and replaced. Compatible with a wide variety of components and technology platforms it can be integrated quickly and easily with the most popular multi-image processors, networking technology, content management systems, and specialised software and audio-visual equipment.
Due to the versatility of Audio Visual communications, flexibility is becoming an increasingly important factor. Designed with our technology partner Panasonic Loxit have created a flexible mount solution and our modular approach has meant one solution offers you a truly “all in one” product.
Loxit’s universal approach helps remove the guesswork from component setup and conﬁguration, and supports small and large-scale installations enabling you to quickly build a configuration to suit your needs. Compatible with a multitude of component manufacturers ensuring you can leverage the best technology for each application and integrate leading third-party products helping you offer solutions that work together.
For use in……..
- Emergency Operations Centre
- Transportation Hub
- Command + Control
For use by….
- Stand Contractors and Design Agencies
- Exhibition Organisers
- Event and Production companies
- Conference Organisers
- Rental companies
- Electrically operated screen lift suitable up to 60 inches, max. 100kg
- Universal mounts suit virtually all makes of screen
- 750mm stroke enables exact screen positioning and adjustable configuration
- Ideal for touch screens/digital signage/video conferencing
- Wheelchair compatible design
- Robust steel construction
- 12 month return to base warranty
Loxit recently returned from exhibiting at #ISE2012 (Integrated systems Europe) at the RAI centre in Amsterdam and #BETT2012 (British Educational Training and Technology Show) at Olympia in London, both of which were very rewarding shows for many reasons. For any business the level of investment to attend such shows is significant and for a business the size of Loxit they represent one of, if not the largest portion of our marketing expenditure.
There are of course several reasons for exhibiting and attending these types of shows, and this is at the forefront of our minds when both planning and during our time on the stand. There are two main product lines to our business one being “IT security” products and the second being “Audio Visual” mount solutions. Although it has to be said that products from each are applicable to both product lines. None more so than both our iPad (Tablet) charge and sync storage solution and our Hi-Lo® 500 Flip Top™ DisplayLift which we demonstrated at ISE and BETT.
What was very clear is that Loxit has two products in particular which received significant interest and more importantly investment from throughout the world, we had conversations with end users and integrators alike from many different countries about the integration of tablet devices and Interactive large format displays into the #work, #learn and #public environments.
This was echoed by the plethora of major brands introducing the latest tablet and interactive large format displays at both shows, one of which was #Samsung with the Microsoft #Surface #sur40 (on several stands at both shows) and the #galaxytab. Along with of course the #apple #ipad
Our Lapbank iPad charge and sync solution was extremely well received at both shows, we knew of course there is a market for this type of product as we wouldn’t have invested the time and money in making the product in the first place. But I have to say what did come as somewhat of a surprise, was the interest from BETT, during a time of shrinking budgets there was evidence that schools with the necessary budget are already clearly seeing educational benefits and outcomes. Which in turn we are told is helping justify the sometimes significant investment tablet products require to other schools. And furthermore it’s clear this investment is not only coming from the schools themselves but from parents too. Shown by some of the BYOD “bring your own device” initiatives advertised and discussed at BETT this year. At ISE the product was of no less interest with some visitors who are providing tablets to aid both customers and its own employees, surprised that such a product even existed. The most interesting conversations came from such reactions with people seeing the product as a catalyst to discuss BYOD initiatives with end users and their colleagues.
Our Hi-Lo® 500 Flip Top™ Display Lift which was designed specifically for use with #multitouch interactive large format displays, also saw significant interest from visitors from around the world. With so many display manufacturers including the likes of #samsung #LG and #Panasonic, as well as a large number of independent solutions providers releasing a raft of interactive large format displays at both shows. To say our flip top was well received is somewhat of an understatement, with us even selling the Flip Top trolley we had on our stand at #ISE2012 to a fellow exhibitor from Scandinavia. Further testament I feel to both the reception our own product receives along with its potential worldwide, as well as the explosion in the #multitouch #interactive media market.
A guide to Interactive Large format display applications
Over recent months Loxit’s LFD mobile trolleys have been used for various solutions and many applications and we thought we would use our blog to share some of those with you. Our reseller partners provide solutions to verticals including the MOD, Healthcare, Education and through these partnerships our products meet their individual needs.
- Digitally capture and share, analyse, brainstorm, solve problems and document/distribute the results of collaborative sessions.
- Engaging way to keep meetings and collaboration sessions on task.
- Supports corporate communications wherever your employees may be.
- Enhances relationships with Suppliers, partners and customers.
- Make better use of meeting and boardrooms, creating more valuable interactions.
- Reduce travel and associated costs
- Helps provide real time situational awareness information
- Enhances access to tactical data and command messages.
- Aids soldiers at combat level to control and manage their environment.
- Enhances operational efficiencies through multi departmental communications.
- Experience and learn from high-risk situations from the safety of a controlled environment.
- Real time manipulation of tactical data.
- Reduce travel and associated costs (Mobile solutions)
Medical services (See Healthcare below)
- Patient centric workflow in healthcare incorporating digital imaging and electronic medical records (EMR)
- Patient Management Systems help ward staff manage patient traffic and bed allocation within a hospital.
- By making the daily process of patient and bed management easier, this improves staff efficiency by saving valuable time.
- Some A&E Patient Monitoring Systems can be based on systems which allows staff to track patients in real-time as they are moved around the hospital
- Eliminates distance barriers and can improve access to medical services.
- Supports the transmission of medical, imaging and heath informatics data from one site to another
- Clinician interactive Telemedicine services are less costly than an in-person clinical visit.
- Telemedicine can be used as a teaching tool, by which experienced medical staff can observe, show and instruct medical staff in another location, more effective or faster examination techniques.
Digital Image Diagnostics in both theatre and Lab environments
- Image acquisition is much faster, and of higher quality while eliminating costs associated to errors in more traditional methods
- Images can be enhanced digitally to aid interpretation.
- Images can be stored on disk or transmitted for off-site review
Education – There’s no better way to learn than to discover for your self
- Brings a whole new dimension to engaging content.
- High contrast displays ensure children no longer struggle to view the content
- Enhances the teaching and learning environment.
- Lower total cost of ownership when compared to other interactive technologies.
- Supports inclusive learning and special educational needs.
Retail and Leisure and public spaces
- Explore the values of merchandise
- Supports a customers educated decision with real time information
- Benefit from e-commerce tools in a physical retail environment tracking hits and adjusting marketing accordingly.
- Customers out side the shop can directly interact with merchandise inside through use of associated technologies.
- Leverage an existing style of a shop creating an immersive experience.
Blue Light/Emergency services
- Incident command solutions provide real time data, aiding swift tactical decisions.
- Improve response operations of all types and complexities.
- Enhances the five major functional areas: Command, Operations, Planning, Logistics, and Finance/Administration
- Practice scene management and incident command procedures in a controlled environment.
- Experience and learn from high-risk situations from the safety of a controlled environment.